What can I do to reduce my risk of breast cancer?
- Limit alcohol. The more alcohol you drink, the greater your risk of developing breast cancer. The general recommendation — If you do not drink, don’t start. If you do, limit yourself to less than 1 drink per day.
- Don’t smoke.
- Control your weight. Being overweight or obese increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Be physically active. Studies recommends at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity weekly, plus strength training at least twice a week.
- Breast-feed. Breast-feeding might play a role in breast cancer prevention. The longer you breast-feed, the greater the protective effect.
- Limit dose and duration of hormone therapy. Long term use of combination hormone therapy for menopausal symptoms increases the risk of breast cancer. Ask your doctor about other options.
- Avoid exposure to radiation and environmental pollution.
No comment yet, add your voice below!